SESSION 4 AGRICULTURE AND THE ENVIRONMENT
|Objective : To show the linkages between agriculture, the environment and sustainable development, with special focus on the role of the Sugar Industry in Mauritius in land conservation and water resource management|
1. Harmonising Agricultural Development and the Preservation of the Environment : a new challenge for developing countries Speaker : Mr Arnaud Comolet, Environmental Policy Advisor, UNDP Text of the presentation - pdf file 223 KB
2. Impact of Sugar Production on the Environment in Mauritius : State of Play and current Practices Speaker : Dr K. F. Ng Kee Kwong, Head of Agricultural Chemistry Department, MSIRI Text of presentation
3. Effluents and Gaseous Emissions Speaker : Mr Vassen Kauppaymuthoo, Environmental Engineer, Director, Delphinium Ltd
4. Managing Water Resources
- The Role of Agriculture Speaker : Mr Nitiraj Toolsee, General Manager, Irrigation Authority Text of presentation
- Médine Sugar Company : a case study Speaker : Mr Bernard d’Arifat, Field Manager, Médine S.E.